Got distracted. It will work out fine as I move backwards and forwards between the this and DSDev. Version 1.16 of Minecraft now has a Forge to make mods. I had an idea and started on a mod. There are a lot of changes since I last dipped a toe in the water. It looks as though it will make many things easier.
After a little track into crafting recipes, simple potion time extensions and extra Redstone blocks, I could move onto more complex potions with new effects or maybe even mobs. Mobs are however less likely than other gameplay elements.
- Enchantments – nice but seems like a stats and number modification game.
- Mobs – quite a lot already, but mob AI looks like an interesting thing to improve.
- Crafting – best with new blocks with uses.
- Brewing – similar to enchantments but can have player Effects and there is much scope with Think Potion or Mundane Potion expansion.
- Non Block Items – could have use (Food, Item Frames …) but would have to have utility and not just another thing to be of interest. I’m adding a Written Book for example.
- Block Items – there are already many, but I find adding to Redstone blocks an interesting one for mechanisation and automation. Maybe new technology is possible? I remember writing a teleport chest a long while ago and now the Ender Chest has some of the same functionality but is better.
Nice after getting used to things like @ObjectHandler and other new things. Still a few assumptions in the documentation such as default loot tables for blocks.